Vacancy at Synergy Marine
A career at Synergy Marine offers a global and collaborative experience working with some of the best and brightest in the marine industry.
We’re looking for our next crew – someone who’s good for the role, good for Synergy Marine and good at lots of things. Things move quickly around here. At Internet speed. That means we have to be nimble, both in how we work and how we hire. We look for people who are great at lots of things, love big challenges and welcome big changes. We can’t have too many specialists in just one particular area. We’re looking for people who are good for Synergy Marine—and not just for right now, but for the long term.
Along the way, you will be challenged to better develop your skills, pursue new goals and contribute to our pursuit of being an employer of choice for professional mariners worldwide. The individuals we seek are career minded, self-motivated, dedicated to superior performance and customer service, and committed to preserving our high operating and safety standards.
Be a part of Synergy Mariners!
Drop your resume at : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Execute the strategic sourcing activities for materials, goods and services based on the plan to ensure good quality, cost effective and timely delivery
- Manage within a given budget to purchase goods and services for an organization
- Compares prices among various vendors in order to make sound purchasing decisions
- Assist in negotiation with potential vendors and suppliers to ensure that the supplies can be procured timely with best price in accordance with the plan
- Identify new vendors and suppliers for better pricing and alternative materials
- Ensure the procurement activities implemented are based on the guideline, policies and procedures set to maintain the transparency of the process
- Evaluate supplier’s performance based on the quality standard, delivery time and best pricing to ensure that all the criteria are met according to company’s requirements
- Monitor invoices for accuracy and authorizes the accounts payable department to issue payment
- Review and evaluate safety stock levels, minimum order quantities and supplies
- Responsible for preparation of procurement reports
- Perform any ad-hoc duties as assigned by superior
Qualities and skills required
- Candidate must possess at least Diploma/Degree
- Proven working experience as a procurement executive
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Excel in decision making and working with numbers
- Familiarity in collecting and analysing data